So, who got some post-Christmas snow? We got quite a bit here, it only lasted a day though :( I absolutely LOVE snow so I'm hoping we get more! I've created a few winter-inspired (winter, not Christmas...I know, Christmas has gone!) tutorials for Barry M, the first being this delicate yet simple snowflake design.
What you will need
- Barry M Gelly in Plum
- Barry M Glitterati in Fashion Icon
- Barry M Classic Nail Paint in White, or a white Barry M Nail art pen
1. Paint your naills using Plum
2. Add a coat or two of Fashion Icon and leave to dry completely
3. Using a small brush or a nail art pen if you prefer (I've used a brush) draw on the spines of the snowflakes
4. Add the details
5. Seal your design with a top coat
It's always a good idea to practice drawing the snowflakes on paper or a nail wheel first until you're confident with the small lines (and mine are by no means perfect!) It's not as hard as it looks though, I promise - give it a go!