Today I've got another tutorial created with Barry M, this time a design incorporating retro colours with a 70's vibe! This bold colour combination may not be to everyone's taste, but you can easily switch up the colours to something that suits you better. Read on for the steps!
What you will need:
- Barry M Gelly in Mustard and Cocoa
- Striping tape or Scotch tape
- Top coat (preferably a quick dry variety)
1) Paint a base using Barry M Mustard and let it dry completely. You can speed up the drying time using quick dry top coat!
2) Lay some striping tape vertically down the side of your nail, and paint over using Barry M Cocoa. If you're not comfortable using the bottle brush, you could use a smaller nail art brush instead.
3) Remove the tape immediately and make sure it's completely dry before moving on to the next step (again you can speed it up by using quick dry top coat)
4) Lay another piece of tape across your nail horizontally near your cuticle and fill in with Barry M Cocoa
5) Remove the tape immediately
6) Clean up around your nail using a small brush or a cotton bud dipped in acetone, finish with top coat and you're done!
Is this something you'd wear, or would you change the colours? Personally I love the bold combo, it's something a bit different!