Hi! Today I have a cute little kit to show you from the Mise Beauty website. One of the ranges they stock is called The New Black, and consists of mini kits with which you can create on-trend things like ombre and studded manis. I'm going to show you the Typography set...we've all heard of newspaper print nails, right? Well this kit provides all you need to create them.
You get a nude beige creme nail polish, transfer solution, top coat and ten sheets of newspaper print, which are printed with words like Passion, Hope, Cherish, Wish and a few more. The text on the sheets is printed backwards, so they'll be forwards on your nails, unlike if you used a normal newspaper!
Click the jump for the rest of the post
Now, I did struggle a bit at first and there is a small learning curve, but it's not difficult once you get the hang of it. The instructions are printed on the underside of the cardboard insert, and there's a handy code to scan with your phone, which brings up a video tutorial. If you can't scan it, you can find the video on thenewblack.tv
All you need to do is:
1. Paint on the base colour and let fully dry. I suggest using a quick dry top coat to help it along.
2. Cut some nail-sized shapes out of the sheets of paper
3. Coat your nails generously with the transfer solution (do one at a time)
4. Press down your cut out pieces onto your nail, adding a little more transfer solution on top (it does NOT tell you this part in the instructions, but it does in the video. Make sure you do it!)
5. Hold down using a cotton ball or cotton pad for 30 seconds. Remove carefully
6. Wait a few minutes for it to dry and then add top coat.
As you can see, mine are by no means perfect (my nails are super curved and I think that hindered me) but the imperfections give it a bit of a grungy look that I quite like, and I think that's how it's supposed to look anyway! I'd like to try it again using some different colours.
The kit is a cute idea and great for those who haven't tried newspaper print nails before. The nail polish provided is good quality and only needed 2 coats. The only thing I didn't really like was that the bottles are tiny at 4ml! I'd have liked them to be a bit bigger for the price. It does what it says on the tin though and I'd quite like to try one of the ombre kits.
Would you try this? Have you ever dabbled in newspaper print nails before?
You can buy The New Black products from Mise Beauty, including the Typography kit which is priced at £19.95. Follow Mise Beauty on Facebook|Twitter