I've been thinking about making tutorials for a while, but I thought I'd be pretty bad at it. I finally decided to give it a go though, so here we have my first ever tutorial. I appreciate feedback!
Instructions after the jump!
Here's what you'll need:
The colours I used are Rimmel Sunshine, Rimmel Strawberry Fizz, Models Own Orange Sorbet and Barry M Black. You can substitute these with different brands, of course. You'll also need a top coat, make-up sponge and a striper brush. You can substitute the brush with any form of black striper polish, I just prefer to use a brush.
1. Apply your pink base coat and leave to dry.
2. Blob some of the yellow polish onto a piece of paper. Dip the end of the make-up sponge into it, and sponge it down your nail from the tip, leaving 1/4 of the pink visible. Try to fade out the yellow as you go down.
3. Blob some of the orange polish onto a piece of paper and repeat step 2, sponging it from the tip to halfway down the yellow polish. Leave for a few minutes until the polish is tacky but not dry.
4. Get a generous blob of topcoat on your brush and brush it on. This will help to blend the colours together. Wait until dry to the touch. Don't worry if it doesn't look completely blended, the stripes will help disguise it!
5. Blob some of the black polish onto the paper. Dip in your striper brush and paint on some tiger stripes in a diagonal fashion. Wait until completely dry before applying a final top coat, or the stripes will run. Finally clean up (if needed) with a cotton bud, and there you have it! :)