Party season is upon us, and these super sparkly polka dots that I created for Barry M will be perfect for your Christmas/New Year night out! (I actually wore these on one myself and they got lots of compliments!) I was looking for a way to utilise a few of the Glitterati polishes at once in an easy to achieve way, and this is what I came up with. Tutorial ahead!
What you will need
- Barry M Glitterati polishes (I've used Catwalk Queen, VIP, Fashion Icon & Socialite)
- Matching Barry M Gelly polishes (I've used Guava, Pink Punch, Plum & Damson
- Barry M Gelly in Coconut for the base
- Dotting tool
- Top coat
(If you're wondering where to buy a dotting tool, you can find them in sets like this and this, and also from Born Pretty Store*).
1. Paint your nails with Coconut and let them dry fully
2. Using a dotting tool and your chosen colour (shown is Damson) make some dots down the center of your nail
3. Add more dots either side until your nail is covered, making a polka dot pattern, again letting it dry before moving on to the next step
4. Using the dotting tool again, go over your polka dots with a matching Glitterati (there are 5 in all, so enough for each nail!) shown is VIP
5. Finish with top coat to seal in your design!